• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Windows in h.o.a.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ROUSSELO

Please help me with my h.o.a.

What is the name of your state? ca.

Earlier I posted a question about new windows in an association. We would like to put new white vinyl windows in our home. Two of our windows in our bedroom, we woluld like to make larger which requires structural change. There are no restrictions regarding white windows, and our board approved making the windows bigger. The only stipulation is that the windows that we make bigger have to be almond colored windows. It seems to me that they are using this as leverage, because the board members told us that they prefer almond colored windows. There are quite a few homes that already have white windows. Below I am copying the approval notice that was sent to me by the board. Can some one look at this (numbers 5 and 7) and let me know what they think. Can we enlarge our windows,and get the white color that we want?

Thank You,

Brent Rousselo.

AMBER PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
15520-A Rockfield Blvd. #120, Irvine, Ca 92618 949-420-0373 Fax 949-420-0378

April 20, 2004

Brent & Kristin Rousselo
8482 Basin Cir.
Huntington Beach, Ca 92646

RE: La Cuesta Architectural Application

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Rousselo,

This letter is to notify you that the La Cuesta Architectural Committee and Board of Directors have reviewed your request to install a new front door, install a patio cover, replace the windows, extend the bedroom window, replace the garage door and install an above ground spa on the patio. The Architectural request has been approved with the following stipulations:

1. The patio cover is to match the existing exterior color of the fascia.
2. The garage door is to be solid with no windows and match the existing garage doors in the community.
3. The new front door is to be maintained by the homeowner.
4. The spa is to be installed by a licensed electrician. You are to obtain any required Building permits.
5. The exterior windows are to be white or almond in color.
6. All required Building permits are to be copied to the Association.
7. The extended window is to be almond in color.
8. Each vendor is to have the required insurance and contractor’s license.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Board of Directors.

Sincerely,
At the Direction of the Board of Directors

Denise Mendoza
Property Manager

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">