• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yard not finished a year after closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

ponder76

What is the name of your state?Tennessee

I purchased a home in April of 2003. The back yard was not finished but was supposed to be completed the week of closing. It has been more than a year and the contrator has not finished the job. I worked two jobs for the first 8 months that my family and I lived here to pay the mortgage and finally got our finances in good enough shape that I could only work one. When I quit my second job I started calling the contractor everyday to get this problem resolved and have still not received even a return phone call from the owner or anyone for that matter. I guess what I need to know is what my rights are and what I can do or threaten them with to get this done. I've gotten estimates from other contractors and submitted them to this company but still no word from them. I went to BBB's website and found that they had a negative rating with them already (wish I'd have checked that before I bought from them). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

HomeGuru

ponder76 said:
What is the name of your state?Tennessee

I purchased a home in April of 2003. The back yard was not finished but was supposed to be completed the week of closing. It has been more than a year and the contrator has not finished the job. I worked two jobs for the first 8 months that my family and I lived here to pay the mortgage and finally got our finances in good enough shape that I could only work one. When I quit my second job I started calling the contractor everyday to get this problem resolved and have still not received even a return phone call from the owner or anyone for that matter. I guess what I need to know is what my rights are and what I can do or threaten them with to get this done. I've gotten estimates from other contractors and submitted them to this company but still no word from them. I went to BBB's website and found that they had a negative rating with them already (wish I'd have checked that before I bought from them). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
**A: you should have gotten the message by now that your calls should be ended and you should have been sending certified rrr letters and filed a complaint with the state contractor's license office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">