• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

341 Creditor Meeting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JANAY517

What is the name of your state? MI
I am a 78 year old lady, who was swindled out of $1700 by a guy who was suppose to do a painting job for me. I took him to small claims court and was awarded the maximum of $3000. Now he's filing bankrupcty. Will I be notified to come to court and speak, so I can again tell a judge my story? He does not have a job, he owns a barber shop and does painting on the side. He is married and his wife works, they have 3 cars, two young childred and live in the suburbs. His wife is a custormer service manager at a credit union. Do I have any other options?

Thanks
Ms. Tolbert

If he listed you as a creditor, you will get a notice of his 341 hearing. That is your chance to go and speak your part.
However, I'm told that they usually dismiss the debts anyway.

See a bankruptcy lawyer right away. Your debt may be non-dischargeable because it was incurred by fraud, but you will have to file an adversary proceeding in the bankruptcy court to get a ruling to that effect. That is not something you can realistically do successfully on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">