• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NJGrandma

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

After seeking advice a few months ago, and getting several very informative responses, I decided to file for Chapter 7. I sought out an attorney in my area, paid him a visit, and was told mine was a simple case. I paid him in full for his services that day (10/19/93). After calling numerous times in December, I finally got a draft in the mail, which I had to sign and return to his office. I did this within 2 days of receiving same. I am still getting mail from my creditors and the occasional phone call (all threatening legal action). I have been trying to contact this attorney, and he is not responding to my email, nor my phone messages. Am I getting panicky over nothing here and does it indeed take this long to get a case filed? Thank you for any advice in advance!

bigun

This is a poor way to conduct business. I'd suggest you go to his office and demand some answers in person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">