• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy Chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Red4508

Maryland "If my debt for an eviction was discharged in my bankruptcy and later when I apply for an apartment and they check my rental history how should that creditor respond?"

Proserpina

Maryland "If my debt for an eviction was discharged in my bankruptcy and later when I apply for an apartment and they check my rental history how should that creditor respond?"
The eviction hasn't gone away - your personal financial responsibility has gone away. Two different things, and the creditor is free to tell any other potential landlord that you were evicted.

FlyingRon

Just as with any other debt while the creditor should show that you were no longer obligated to pay the debt, they're not obliged to remove the fact that you didn't pay.
The derogatory information from before the bankruptcy is unaffected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">