• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy Potential Effect On Regaining my NRC "U" and DOE "L' Security Clea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehard16

Bankruptcy Potential Effect On Regaining my NRC "U" and DOE "L' Security Clea

What is the name of your state?
What is the name of your state? Tennessee:) I worked since 1981 for a Federal Government contractor requiring DOE "L" and NRC "U" Security clearances.I am 49 years old,married,virtually no Criminal record, and my Clearances were deactivated per standard DOE Access/Authorization rules around June 7,2007 as a result of the company refusing to offer to offer me the "Reasonable Accommodation" I had up to May 15, 2006 when a 6 month labor strike started.After the strike I was forced verbally by my Union President who was speaking for the company doctor that all my restrictions needed to be lifted.Not knowing if we would get everybody back to work at the time,I agreed to let the company doctor call and talk to my Psychiatrist to have the restrictions lifted.He proceeded to do so.The company put me in an area I had been harassed badly before.It started happening again.I went on sick leave about 5 weeks.Then per a meeting with two personnel officers and my new Union President I was offered a job I was reassured I could perform.They told me I would have three days training,etc,etc, lies and truth were mixed in with the whole "Accommodation" offer.Basically I tried to "Accommodate" the company.With everybody not called back to work yet any attempt to get another Accommodation would be futile,according to what the Union told me.I tried the job about 4-5 weeks and concluded with my health I could not perform the job without ending up sick/overstressed/lighting a cigarette around dangerous gases,etc. and also was harassed by the Engineer me and one other operator were working with.I did become overwhelmed and overstressed,harassed,etc. to the point that I had to make a decision with the Company Dr. and my Psychiatrist.My doctor and I decided and the company Dr. concurred to put me out on sick leave.I have been such since March 5,2007.I took 4 days vacation the rest of the week and the Psychiatrist put me on sick leave on March 12,2007.I was paid sick leave pay 26 weeks and am now on LTD due to a Generalized Anxiety/Chronic Major Depression disorder.I got my self into over 40,000.00 in Credit card debt and now have 4 Judgements against me which have been rendered down in Civil court and I am unable to pay.Since last JAN I have wanted to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy,have Rotator cuff surgery done,etc. but as of today have been unable to afford either.My wife will not try to work.The pressure has been more than I would wish off on my worst enemy if I had one.I filed a state and Federal EEOC ADA Charge but dropped it last fall for fear they might try to keep me from getting on my LTD.In the early 90's we had a major layoff.Many Salaried people even filed bankruptcy.But due to the fact that like our labor strike of May 15,2006 their were circumstances we had no control over.Nobody failed to get their Security clearances back.I have had excellent credit all my life until about 06 when I could not make the payments.O.K. I have been turned down for Social Security Disability benefits and I do not have forever on this thing.I am waiting on the Administrative Law Judge Hearing.My Company Doctor,r,current Psychiatrist, and one before him will not surrender any or all my medical records to me..My SSDisability Attorney who has since been dropped by me said "I am not going to go out of my way to Subpeona the records for you".Basically he is not doing his job for me but helping protect the company from a potential employment lawsuit he said those records would open up.I know of no Employment lawyer in my area who would work on a percentage basis like a SS Attorney will do.Basically I got railroaded out of my job,my character defamed,many lies were told,unjust suspensions based on here say.Point of this letter.I know your worn out.I am sorry I am a detailed perfectionistic type person.Due to it being a Emotional/Mental issue my LTD will only go to September of 2009. SHOULD I FILE THE CHP. 7 ASAP AND THEN TRY TO REESTABLISH A CREDIT HISTORY ?" THAT'S THE MAIN QUESTION I HAVE . I know nothing is clear-cut,each case is different,but as long as I am in debt that much the DOE even told me after I had e-mailed the Washington Office I think, that I am considered a blackmail risks.O.K. The whole ballgame has changed since 9/11.If the Union could get me back to work what are the odds I could get my Security Clearances reactivated/reinstated whatever the official term is used here ?? This THE NUMBER 2 ITEM I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.One Bankruptcy Attorney felt I would not be able to get my Clearances back.I sold my Truck during the strike,my guns,tried every way I could to work out a Debt Management Plan,ANYTHING, but I have been unable to do it.i know the Company would not take me back until the rotator if fixed.I have a document over 100 pages maybe that after I read the first 4 pages I would venture a guess and it sickened me at the lies ,the things that were said that were very hurtful, and the like. I say lies and unqualified opinions regarding my suitability to work at the plant made by a HR person..It made me so depressed I cried and have read no more of it.I also have a number of different recordings I made which is legal in TN except on the phone as long as one person knows the recording is happening.But it's a powerful company but JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT DOWN ON THIS COMPANY.TO HECK WITH MONEY AND AWARDS ETC.I was a CRIMINAL Justice MAJOR IN College with about a 3.45 GPA in C.J. I am no genius, but I am not exactly a dummy either.Can ANYBODY THAT WILL HELP/ADVISE ME ABOUT THE TWO BIG CONCERNS I HAVE PLEASE DO SO.WE HAVE NO ASSETS.MY 401 K MONEY IS GONE.I HAD TO CANCEL MY ROTATOR SURGERY.My Dad had to have CAROTID ARTERY SURGERY that we found out about the day before he was to have 4 bypass open heart surgery.He went through them both and 3 months later had to have Prostrate surgery.Only the good Lord knows how proud I am of him.I am the only sibling so it's sort of the blind leading the blind.But I remained determined Lord willing to go back to work.I want to work.I do not want to live on Social Security.MY UNCLE WITH GOD WORKING THROUGH HIM YEARS AGO TAUGHT ME TO NEVER QUIT,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER.I HAVE TREMENDOUS WILLPOWER AND INNER STRENGTH PUT THERE BY GOD.MY UNCLE ALWAYS TOLD ME.SORRY FOR THE PASSION BY CAPITILIZATIONS. EVERYTHING.MY UNCLE ALWAYS TOLD ME " IF THERE IS A WILL" "GOD WILL MAKE A WAY.I BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL BECAUSE HE HAS MADE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE FOR ME SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES.MAYBE THIS POST WILL OPEN A DOOR, MAYBE NOT.LEAST I CAN SAY I DID WHAT JOE MONTANA'S DAD SAID TO DO.NEVER QUIT HALFWAY THROUGH ANYTHING,WETHER IT BE LIFE OR FOOTBALL ! THANKS AND GOD BLESS ! DIEHARD16 What is the name of your state? TennesseeWhat is the name of your state?

Diehard16

Thanks, You say O.K.I would presume you understand.Is this a College English writing class ? Sorry, in case you did not read it I have a Disability.So please do not say O.K. like you understand and then sarcastically ask me to write it over to suit you.I didn't asked to be treated this way.I have had my share of that.Thanks anyway

TigerD

Thanks, You say O.K.I would presume you understand.Is this a College English writing class ? Sorry, in case you did not read it I have a Disability.So please do not say O.K. like you understand and then sarcastically ask me to write it over to suit you.I didn't asked to be treated this way.I have had my share of that.Thanks anyway
If your post can't be read, you can't get help. LNR didn't ask to be treated like you just did -- and of all the poster here, she is ---- err was ---- the most likely to take the time to help you.

DC

Diehard16

Treatment

Sir/Mam, I did not ask to be insulted.All I did was responded to an answer mot presented in a decent,commonsense,ethical way.Sorry if you cannot read the jest of it all.I pray God MR./MRS. whatever the case may be you never have to walk a mile in my shoes.You say I am not special.I never claimed to be.You inferred that.I done the best I could do.If that's not good enough then please accept my apology or tell me what you do not understand.I realize I was not like some Professionals are.Using a minimum amount of words and volunteering little as possible.Let me REITERATE MY MAIN QUESTION IN PLAIN,SIMPLE,ENGLISH my friend.I wanted to know if it would be to my ADVANTAGE to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy now IF I COULD COME UP WITH THE MONEY AND GET A CREDIT LINE RESTABLISHED BEFORE THE FALL OF 2009.iI dare ask SIR/MAM is that tto complicated or do I need to be so very formal and put it in a paragraph.Let me ask and I am not being difficult I am a reasonable man as you will ever meet.Can you understand it better in a paragraph ?Come on I made a point toward the end to EMPHASIZE SPECIFICALLY WHAT I WAS ASKING.If that and this reply is not good enough for you please leave me alone Debt Collector.

Gregeney

Diehard, please take this as an opinion rather than any type of legal advice. The question you are asking is not really pertinent to bankruptcy professionals. It is more for a financial adviser.

Secondly, I would think the chances of you regaining your security clearances are very slim. Perhaps that might help you make a decision.

Best of luck to you.

Diehard16

Clearance Opinion

Dear Sir,I have maintained them for 25 years.I respectfully disagree.If I need an Attorney I will and may have to get one.Thanks for your opinion.I'm weighing them alhttps://forum.freeadvice.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
But nothing will stop me from trying to get my 25 year job back.Nothing.Thanks,Diehard16

xylene

Your writing suggests that your thinking is seriously disorganized.

It will be very difficult for you to regain and retain your post with your current chaotic state of mind.

I say that unequivocally, even if you did not require security clearance.

Diehard16

Reply to xylene

You are in no position to judge me.Winners never quit and Quitters Never Win.I had had people try and discourage me and give similar off the wall unqualified comments many times before..You may think your Judge Judy.You're not.Look at the mote in your own eye before examining and judging somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">