• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I reopen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clt0110

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

If I filed bankruptcy in 2003 and forgot to put some creditors in the first time is it to late to reopen the case to add the missed creditors? :eek:

Ladynred

2 years is stretching it for re-opening JUST to add creditors. Its unlikely your motion would be granted anyway. If your BK was a no-asset Ch 7, then there are more than one BK court decision that says ALL pre-petition debts are discharged whether you listed them on your creditor matrix or not.

Are you being harrassed for pre-petition debts ??

Ladynred

Re-opening your case is going to cost you at least $150 filing fee and could be more depending on what happens. The court may not even agree to re-open if they agree with the case law that says all pre-petition debt in a no-asset ch 7, whether listed or not, is considered discharged.

I'd try sending them letters first telling them you filed BK, list case number, filing and discharge dates, and that attempting to collect on a discharged debt is illegal. I'd try that tactic first, if they still harrass you, try to re-open your case to add them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">