• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they refuse me service if I have paperwork for renewed license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madsouk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Yesterday was my 21st birthday. So to celebrate my parents bought me tickets to the Minnesota Timberwolves game (I live in MN). So me and a couple of friends went to celebrate. We had pretty good seats and my parents spent quite a bit on them. We had a server for where we sat and so I ordered a beer from her and handed her my Id that I had and the paperwork. She told me that they would not serve me anywhere in the stadium. I could not get my license renewed until 3 weeks before my birthday, but went as soon as I could, and have yet to receive my new license. So right now I have a clipped license with the paperwork that shows I renewed it. I had no problems at the two restaurants I ate at before that day. So my question is, is it legal for them to refuse me service even though I had a valid ID?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Yesterday was my 21st birthday. So to celebrate my parents bought me tickets to the Minnesota Timberwolves game (I live in MN). So me and a couple of friends went to celebrate. We had pretty good seats and my parents spent quite a bit on them. We had a server for where we sat and so I ordered a beer from her and handed her my Id that I had and the paperwork. She told me that they would not serve me anywhere in the stadium. I could not get my license renewed until 3 weeks before my birthday, but went as soon as I could, and have yet to receive my new license. So right now I have a clipped license with the paperwork that shows I renewed it. I had no problems at the two restaurants I ate at before that day. So my question is, is it legal for them to refuse me service even though I had a valid ID?
Yes, it's legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">