• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cant pay mortgage this month, awaiting Chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dphills

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?DE

Hi I am going through Chap 7 awaiting disharge 6/12/05. I recently had to change jobs and I am starting a new job this week 5/31. I owe my mortgage payment for my mobile home for May and will not be able to pay until June 10th. What affect will this have on my case and will they try and take my home for being behind one month? I am trying to gather the money to pay but because I was out of work for the past month things are really tight. Just a little bakground, I filed 3/23, had my 341 mtg on 4/13, them my car was totalled on 4/30/05. My previous job was 50mi. away and I had no way to get to work. I was unable to pay for a rental car and public transportation is not available. I now have found a job alot closer to home 7 miles away to be exact and I am trying to start over again.

I need to keep my home because I have no where else for me and my children to go. Believe me when it rains it pours. The vehicle that was totalled was 2003 Ford and I owed alot more than what the insurance co valued the vehicle at and paid the financed company.

I just want to stay ahead on my mortgage and get them paid for this month as soon as I can but I am really scared...

bigun

I sure hope you didn't reaffirm that car.
Once the bk is discharged, the mortgage holder can begin collection proceedings. The june payment will just take care of the money due in May. Were I you, I'd contact them asap and see if you can work out something to get current.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">