• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ch. 7 & land contract home purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lanearas

I am purchasing a home through a land contract in Las Vegas, NV. The seller moved to Idaho, and is now declaring Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. I received a notice for a meeting of creditors from the bankruptcy court, that stated there appeared to be no property available from which to pay creditors, but no other communication from the owner or the court.

What is going to happen here? Is the seller going to be forced to sell the home and move me out? As far as I know he is living in an aparment, and has no other home or assets to sell off. I would just refinance the home myself, and not worry about it if I had the capability, but that is not an option. Do I need to contact the Bankruptcy court, or file paper work to protect my interests?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Tom Lima
Las Vegas, NV

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">