• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 7 filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r0cdyqh

What is the name of your state? OH
I am filing chapter 7 next week. If new collection companies, etc. come about, am I able to add these to the matrix of creditors after I file? If so, how do I do this. Also , my atty says as long as I am less than 30 days late on car and mortgage I can reaffirm. Is this true?

Thanks

Ladynred

Yes, its true, but reaffirmation may not be what you want to do. If you are in the Southern District of OH, reaffirmation is NOT required to keep secured property, it IS required in the Northern District.

You can amend your schedules should new collection agencies pop up, but you'll pay for those amendments and they may not be necessary anyway if your case is a no-asset CH 7. Your lawyer can clarify and advise you on amendments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">