• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class action suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smholle

What is the name of your state? Washington state

I have recently filed bankruptcy and before I filed I was a part of a class action suit. They told me to send in all the info that they needed for me to be a part of the suit and I did. I recieved a letter telling me that I would not qulify to be in the suit due to not enough info. So I had disregarded the suit and forgot about it. When I filed bankruptcy I told them that I was not part of any litigation. My bankruptcy was discharge in may. Now in October I recieve a check in the mail for over 500.00. I don't know if I should cash it or what I should do. By cashing this check would I get into trouble?

HomeGuru

smholle said:
What is the name of your state? Washington state

I have recently filed bankruptcy and before I filed I was a part of a class action suit. They told me to send in all the info that they needed for me to be a part of the suit and I did. I recieved a letter telling me that I would not qulify to be in the suit due to not enough info. So I had disregarded the suit and forgot about it. When I filed bankruptcy I told them that I was not part of any litigation. My bankruptcy was discharge in may. Now in October I recieve a check in the mail for over 500.00. I don't know if I should cash it or what I should do. By cashing this check would I get into trouble?

**A: cash it and spend the money fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">