• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting Bak Wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OutOfWork

Earlier this month my company shut it's operations down with a 2 day notice to it's employees, without paying the employees for the last 6 weeks of pay, vacation pay, medical bills and Company credit card debts.The Judge in the case ruled that the company and worker's Lawyers didn't show a need for the employees to be paid first. Since the ruling credit card companies are seeking payment from the employees, medical companies are asking the workers for payment and not from the company. Does anyone have any subjections on how the workers can collect on past wages and benefits.

ALawyer

That's rotten but there may be some relief. In many state the firm's owners and managers are ultimately responsible forback wages, and in a bankruptcy (employees can file for involuntary bankruptcy) employees get some priority.

But the doctors render services to the employees, not the company, and the credit card companies don't care if you have signed agreeing to be personally liable.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">