• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit cards in a bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tequilagrill

I read that any debts or cash advances to a credit card cannot be discharged if they are right before filing...how far back can you go, is there a specific length of time that is reviewed to determine what can/cannot be discharged when it comes to credit cards???

W

Wendell

P.S.

F.Y.I. - I am not a lawyer and have never attended law school. DO NOT USE MY ADVICE BEFORE CONSULTING A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY. I recently filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and received my official discharge. As a result of my experience I wish to offer words of encouragement to others going through bankruptcy. If I can pass along some advice based upon my personal experience, I will attempt to do so. However, this advice should not be construed as legal advice in any way. I cannot and will not testify in court or be held responsible for any losses financial or emotional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">