• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cross collateral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

twdco

:confused: Colorado- Hi, I filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in 1992. I had a car loan balance of $7500 with my credit union, and a visa card at the same credit union with a $1500 balance on it. The visa bill was cleared off at the time of the bankruptcy. The car was eventually paid off by me. I asked the credit union for the title to the car. The credit union said it had cross collateral on the car so they would not give me the title until I paid off the visa bill. I never had any additional contact with the credit union. I still have the car. The car recently broke down and is not worth fixing. All I want to do is get rid of the car legally. How do I do this? I am concerned if I contact my old credit union they will repossess the car and that will mar my credit. My credit has been excellent since the bankruptcy. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Sincerely, Todd in Colorado

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">