• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist bill turned over to collection agency in Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kathryn

My son and I lived in Alabama while he was in college. He went to dentist thinking that his dad still had him covered on insurance. NOT. So now after paying on this debt infrequently (I'm broke, so is my son), they are trying to collect, threatening lawsuit, etc. Does anyone have any advice? My son now lives in Mississippi, I live in N. Carolina. Thanks!

M

Moe from MO

If you and your son made a mistake, and Dad won't pay and wasn't obligated to, that's no reason the denist shouldn't get paid.

BUT if he is broke, that's going to make it impossible to collect, and few collection agencies sue someone who has no money. They threaten a lot, but they get paid only on what they collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">