• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability & bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abl

What is the name of your state? NC
I am in the process of filing ch.13. My question is I receive a SSD check monthly, 1/2 my amount is the amount my 17 year old daughter receives. My husband has reg. income. I am reading disability checks are exempt. Do I still list my monthly disability check amounts on my bankruptcy papers as income? Also, if my disability checks are not considered income than my monthly expenses are more than our monthly income. What do I do? You do have to show that you have some disposable income to file ch. 13, is this correct? Should I reduce my monthly living expenses to show a disposable income? What is the least amount of disposable income you can show to file ch.13. We have arrears on morgage and a judgement on credit, this is why we have to file chapter 13.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">