• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled and Broke - credit reporting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Willies2nd

CaliforniaWhat is the name of your state? I have another question...so I file bankruptcy, can I request that the credit reporting agencies state in my file that I file bankruptcy due to illness? Or is this world getting to the point that they just don't care???? You don't have to answer this question I know the answer to it.....

I just feel sick and I feel like I have no where to turn....I would never of gotten into this mess if I did not get sick last year...my life was going along fine until I ended up in the hospital....I made enough money to pay my obligations and enough to put some money away so that the last year was not so hard on me. The prospect of living in poverty is not something I am looking forward to....I wish I could win the lottery!

Mostly I just need the first question answered the rest is my pity party.
Thank you,
Willie

Ladynred

The only thing that SHOULD be listed in your credit reports is 'INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY' or similar language. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter why, not where your credit reports are concerned. However, it can matter to a potential landlord or loan officer. Knowing that you didn't just rack up the cards and decide to quit paying but were forced into it because of catastrophic medical bills makes a difference to some people.

Try not to beat yourself up over a decision to file bankrutpcy. I understand where you're coming from but look at it as a strictly BUSINESS DECISION, because that's what it is. Try to divorce yourself from the emotional aspect. Its a business decision for companies, its the same decision for you, its just PERSONAL business.

You're not a failure, and you're not a bad person, you're just looking out for yourself and your family and that comes first no matter what ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">