• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharge of Judgment Liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PamelaW03

What is the name of your state? MD

I am a loan processor and am working with a borrower who filed bankruptcy in 11/99 and was discharged in 7/2002. Two credit card companies filed and entered judgments in April of 1999. These creditors were listed in her bankruptcy; however, they are showing up on her credit report and the mortgage company is saying that these judgments must be paid. I thought that they would have been discharged. Is that correct?

B

Buck Barker

Greetings, I am a mtg. loan processor in AZ. You are correct! The judgements were included in BK and they do NOT need to be paid PTC. Ask your underwriter to clarify their stance on this!

Ladynred

Your customer should have had his/her BK lawyer submit the paperwork to have those judgments vacated after the discharge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">