• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing chap.7 lose house incorrect mortgage documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rhondac3006

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I consulted a lawyer about filing chapter 7 bankruptcy. He told me that my mortgage documents were not prepared properly. My property through out my note is only referred to by the 911 address. There is a physical description attached at the end of my note (after the signature page). The lawyer I consulted said that would be okay if they had noted the document was attached. The attachment is not noted. He said we could fix this ourselves and show that it had been corrected. He said we would then have to wait 90 days before we filed. I really don't want to wait that long. What are the chances that I may lose my house because there is not a physical description correctly noted in my mortgage documents? I feel like the lawyer is not telling me everything. I am afraid that he is trying to prolong my bankruptcy so he can get more money

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">