• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Chapter 13 again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clevelandhonest

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHio

I filed chapter 13 in 2007. I was doing fine with paying my mortgage but later ran into some difficulty. I was ordered by the courts to make some additional payments to bring the loan current under the post petition setup. I fell again. I gave up. The house was released from the stay in February of this year (09). I want to file again to protect my home. My income has increased substantially since my last filing because I am married now (November 08).
I have payed the remaining payments to the Trustee and took the Credit course again. As a matter of fact - I took the end of course and the initial all over again. Will I be able to go through with this filing? Are there any obstacles that may stop me from saving my home. What can make this a successful filing - if it's even possible .:confused::confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

bigun

First thing you need to do is look at this from a financial point of view and determine is the house worth saving? Do you have any equity in the home? Is the mortgage fixed at a reasonable rate? Any other debts that will need to be included in the plan? How many months in arrears are you?
In general, you likely will be allowed to refile if your income is strong enough to handle the plan payments. You need to see a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">