• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

frozen bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

funkygourmet

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
To make a long story short, filed Ch 7 due to bad business venture in which bank loans were personally unsecured. Arranged for my lawyer 10 months ago to file, which he did not do until last May because one day i went into the bank and my accounts were frozen due to creditor. Called lawyer and he finally filed immediately and exempted monies that were in the bank account. (My business partner and I still share a joint bank account). We both had our 341 meeting and bank creditor showed up because of an irrevocable trust I have due to my mother's death. The trustee does not understand the trust and therefore has not released the monies in the bank account. My partner filed also, and exempted 1/2 of the monies, and her case went through immediately. What I don't understand is, 1) why can't she receive her half of the money in the account because it was exempted, and 2) why are they holding my money since the trust is irrevocable?
I think these lawyers are all in kahoots (sp?) with each other and this makes me extremely angry. After this is all done and over with, i am definitely going to report my attorney to the American Bar Association. I paid this individual up front for services he never provided until i was raging mad in his office. I know I should have hired another lawyer, but the funds were just not there since the accounts were frozen.
Thanks for listening,
Julie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">