• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnishment of bank balance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmy7

Thanks again.

My concern is that my former friend may drag this lawsuit as much as possible so that I accumulate more money into our (me and my wife's) accounts. My concern is:
how to legally save the money (existing and future money) from possible garnishments?

Just Blue

Thanks again.

My concern is that my former friend may drag this lawsuit as much as possible so that I accumulate more money into our (me and my wife's) accounts. My concern is:
how to legally save the money (existing and future money) from possible garnishments?
Pay the debt.:rolleyes:

justalayman

Thanks again.

yep, you can save everything from garnishment if you simply pay the debt you owe.

jimmy7

Thanks again.
My (former) attorney messed up with this lawsuit and left me in a very bad shape. He made the almost winning lawsuit to an almost losing lawsuit. My life time is too short to pay the amount my former friend is demanding. I have no idea when and how this lawsuit ends: everything depends on my former friend. In this situation, whether bankruptcy will help me? What legal tools I have to come out of this mess?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">