• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homestead exemption =any property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimsch72

What is the name of your state? south carolina

we used our federal exemption list instead of state when we filed. it has a wild card of $925.00 of any property and up to $8725.00 of unused homestead exemtion, for any property. can we use the homestead exemption for any property since we have no homestead. thanks

kimsch72

when it says any unused part up to 8725.00 of homestead exemption, for any property. wouldnt that mean that since we didnt claim a homestead exemption we could use that. it states in the federal exemption list wild card and can be used for any property. thanks. i am a little confused by this.

anabanana

Sorry, Kim. I'd just spent two hours arguing about a piece of "property" as in, vacant land, so I had a little brain cramp. Yes, you are reading that right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">