• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I find out if my dad filed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcfilichia

I'm in Illinois and was wondering how I can go about finding out if my father has filed for bankruptcy. He hasn't had a job in 4 years and owns his house (still I hope) I know he has refinanced a couple times. Is it legal for me to find out this information. He acts like he's not worried about it. For years he has faxed and emailed resumes out with no response, is that crazy or what? any help would be appreciated! Jessi

P

planner

If you don't want to spend the bucks ($20 or so) to have a search done, go the court house.

Ladynred

Or, you can sign up for PACER. You can apply in line, but it takes about a week for them to send you your password.

Or, you can use your phone. VCIS is a voice system that you can access...go to your BK district's webpage and you should find the number for your district. You can search by name or SSN or case # (if you had it).

It's public information so you can obtain it legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">