• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should car loan show after Bk7 on credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jnmip

:confused: What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My car loan was definitely included in my Bk7 which was discharged 8/02. As I look at my credit reports, all 3 show it without any indication of inclusion in Bk and with a balance owed.

I have continued making my payments, still have the car and never reaffirmed the loan.

Is this being shown correctly or should I dispute it?

Thanks

My car loan was definitely included in my Bk7 which was discharged 8/02. As I look at my credit reports, all 3 show it without any indication of inclusion in Bk and with a balance owed.

I have continued making my payments, still have the car and never reaffirmed the loan.

Is this being shown correctly or should I dispute it?

Thanks

I think you can dispute it. I just filed this year and was discharged about 2 months ago. My auto loan was included in the BK and even though I didn't reaffirm my loan balance was 'zero'd' out and 'Included in Bankruptcy' was also indicated on the credit report. I think this is the way it's suppose to be listed on your credit reports. I hope this helps you.

P

patdaman21

Me too

I also filed Bk7 in the state of Ohio which included a vehicle that I was leasing. My discharge was in March, 2003. However, I recently received a copy of my credit report and the finance company is no longer reporting my payment history. I'm wondering if I still have a legal obligation to continue making lease payments. Did they simply write it off? Any advice out there? Will they come and get the car if I don't blindly send them a payment?

credit report

I filed BK in California 11/03 and discharged 2/04. Like you, I included an auto on my BK, but never reaffirmed the loan and always made my payments on time. My credit report reflects a 'zero' balance and 'included in bankruptcy' in the notes section. This is the way it's suppose to be look on the credit report. I think you can dispute it with confidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">