• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keep Getting Different Answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fl_angie

What is the name of your state? FL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FL Ch 7 Bankruptcy.....MY attorney only listed my ORIGINAL creditors on the schedule F. At the end of my bankruptcy packet there are pages that have alot ofaddresses but it doenst what it is. These addresses include all the the creditors from Schedule F and all of the collectors the debt has been sold to. So there are more addresses on the last pages then there are on the schedule F. If the collector owns the debt and they are not on schedule F but they are on the last pages, which I guess is all of the people that will be notified, will it still be discharged??

My attorney says that if they are only notified it doenst count and he wants $150 for each creditor that needs to be moved from the notification list to the schedule f. Is this right??? Everyone is saying he is wrong, that as long as they are included in that list of addresses to be notified it will be discharged as as long as I put the ORIGINAL creditor on schedule F, even if they do not own the debt anymore, it still counts. Thanks for your help!

Please let me know what I should do!

Ladynred

You've asked this question 3 or 4 times, at least twice here, and on 2 other forums that I know of. In one of those forums, a bankruptcy lawyer TOLD you that your lawyer is WRONG - Brett's answer to your question there was 'NO'. What part of that don't you get ??

As long as the creditor is notified, collection agency or not, then you are covered ! While I don't understand why a BK attorney would do your schedules in that way - unless he's just ripping people off for fees to add creditors to the official schedules - you ARE covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">