• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer mess-up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California

I filed bankruptcy in 2005, and the discharge was in June of 2005. I have good credit standing with a car I have bought, and I want to re finance it to bring my payments down. They denied the refinancing because the letter I got from the credit bureau said that I have outstanding account balances unpaid and not 'not paid as agreed' and written off as a bad debt. These two accounts were included in my bankruptcy. I got my credit report and it showed that I have two unpaid balances .

I hired a lawyer to handle my bankruptcy. Wasn't it my lawyer's responsibility to make sure that all of my credit balances were shown as written off as a bankruptcy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">