• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"modification of plan" How quickly can it be done?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maury1965

What is the name of your state? Texas

My wife and I recently sold our home and we are in the process of paying off our trustee. However, before we pay the trustee we must first modify our plan to prevent from having to pay any unsecured debt. We've been in our plan for greater than 3 years. Our attorney stopped practicing about a year ago due to health reasons. So we've asked an attorney, whose never handled anything like this before, to file a modification.
We have put a contract on a house and must close on or before Jan. 13th. That gives us about 2 weeks to get this all taken care of. If we don't close by the 13th the mortgage company will have to pull another credit report on me and if my score drops even 1 point I will not qualify for a loan unless I put 15% down.
Is there any way for us to get this thing rushed through the trustee's office?
Thanks,
Maury

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">