• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Avoid Lien on "secured" personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WorryWort

What is the name of your state? TX

I borrowed some money from a finance place and they asked me what I already owned to "secure" the loan. (TV, VCR, etc). Now I understand that because this is exept property, I can file a motion to avoid a lien on this personal property.

Can any one give me the particulars on how to do that?
What documentation is needed
When to file - with bk papers or later
What the process is

Ladynred

I'm sorry, I was going to e-mail you all that over the weekend. My plans got derailed and I wasn't able to get to it. I'll get all this to you tonight. ;)

R

rammbh

Need Info Too

LadyInRed, could also email me this info. I live in Mississippi and I also have a lein i need to avoid. Thank you

Ladynred

What type of lien are you talking about ? The forms and info I will send the OP are for a nonpossessory non-purchase security interest. If you are are dealing with a judicial lien, the forms and are different.

R

rammbh

I have a nonpossessory nonpurchase money security interest lein that I need to avoid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">