• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Borrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Poppy314

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Recently I thought I was approved for funding through a loan broker to pay off my mortgage, which was the one and only debt included in a Chapter 13 Bk.. My attorney filed a MOTION TO BORROW. The broker sent my attorney a good faith estimate and led her to believe we had a lender in place. The BK Hearing was cancelled after I got into a heated battle with the lender. I subsequently learned that the lender never really had a pre approval or loan committment for me and was basically a liar? In view that he made a jackass out of myself, my attorney and the BK court, leading everyone to believe that he had a lender and funds in place and really had nothing, is there any legal action I can take against this unscrupulous broker? Can a lender just ask for a hearing without an actual lender in place?
The papers mention a lender and the lender informed me that the broker pulled that application weeks ago.
Should I pursue litigation against the lender or is this a usual practice, requesting a motion to borrow but not really having a lender in place and just estimating principal, interest, etc? Thanks for the help here... I'm so agitated.

Thanks for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">