• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion To Dismiss Ch 13

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio... We have been in Chapter 13 for 5 months. At our creditors meeting with the court the trustee told our attorney that the vehicle that we currently lease could not be paid outside the plan and had to be included in the plan. So our attorney had to re-submit paperwork to the trustee to do that. So the first payment plan was revised. I received a letter two months later stating what the new plan payment was going to be. I have payroll deduction for my plan payments. Payments have been made every check. What I did not realize is that my employer is not taking out the revised amount. Now today I recieved a letter for a motion to dismiss due to failure to make payments. What should I do?

JustAPal00

Contact your lawyer and tell him what is going on. Also contact your employer and find out why they didn't deduct the new amount. Don't worry, if you have to go to a hearing your lawyer will just explain what happened to the judge and promise to fix it. The judge will then give you a chance to fix the problem. I had several SNAFU's in my 13 and had to go in front of the judge to clear them up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">