• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for Dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christie

South Carolina- My husband and I filed BR three years ago because his parents foreclosed on our home. My husband got behind ont he payments November 1998 and the Trustee filed a Motion for Dismissal. We were able to get it straight ond we were warned not to let it happen again. Soon after my husband left me. I am disabled and unable to work, but between my daughter and myself we bring in enough to pay the basic bills. My mother has been paying the House Payment and the Trustee for the last 2 years. Yesterday I received another Motion for Dismissal and the Order signed by a judge I thought it was a mistake and I called my mother. My mother said she thought I was paying the Trustee now. My father is sick with Alzheimiers and my brother is ill. My mother is in advanced age and has gotten confused. She said she is sorry that she got confused ond is willing to pay the back monies owed to the court, but I am not sure they will accept it. This home is all I have and My husbands parents would take it away from me and their grandchildren without a moments hesitation. What can I do to protect myself or will my mother's confusion ruin my chances? I am waiting on Social Security in order to pay her back for her investment so it is not my intention not to be responsible for my home and children. Is there any hope? Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">