• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for Relief from Stay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scourt8232

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hello, My husband and I have been paying our Trustee on time for our Chapter 13 case that was filed last June 2002. However our mortgage payment has gotton 2 payments behind. I received today the dreaded letter for a Motion for relief from stay from the mortgage company. Our Lawyers office provided us with 2 options as follows:

1. Proof is provided to there office that the allegations are false. ( cancelled checks etc.)

2. Certified funds: ( money order, cashiers check ) are made payable to the mortgage company in the amount that you are behind are provided to the lawyers office.

They are giving me until 5:00 p.m. June 26, 2003.

Does this mean that if I pay the mortgage company there 2 late payments they will stop with forclosure?

Thanks in advance

:confused:

Ladynred

All the mortgage company wants is its money.. so if you pay them what they want, they will likely stop the foreclosure proceedings. However, if they do stop, its likely that they'll be VERY quick to restart things should you get behind again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">