• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new social security number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dw

I heard it is legal to get a new social security number. How can this be accomplished. My current residence is Washington DC

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dw:
I heard it is legal to get a new social security number. How can this be accomplished. My current residence is Washington DC<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You heard wrong. Once a number is assigned to you, that number follows you until death, and then it is permanently retired.

If you need a duplicate card because yours was lost or stolen or a corrected card because you have changed your name, call or visit your local Social Security office. You'll need to complete an application and show one or more documents as identification.
Your duplicate card will have your same name and number as your previous card.

To change your name on your card, you need to show one or more documents that identify you by your old name and your new name. Your corrected card will have your new name and the same number as your previous card.

This is absolutely free of any charges.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">