• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Asset converted to Asset..Discharge date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbs1065

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

My husband and I filed Chapter 7 on 2/11 of this year. It was to be a no asset case, but was changed to an asset case when the Trustee took our income tax refund checks during our 341 meeting on 3/18. A new notice was sent out to the creditors giving them until 7/5 to file their claim to the funds. My question is how does this effect the time in which we should receive our discharge. It has been 7 months since the original filing and 2 months since the final date to file claims. We just want to move on with our lives and start the rebuilding process but don't know when we can start. Just wondered if anyone knew how long the process takes when the case is changed. Thanks

Ladynred

Have you tried calling the court to find out what the status is ? The distribution of assets my delay the closing of the case, but it shouldn't delay the discharge.

You can get a PACER account and check your case on-line yourself, or you can call the BK court and find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">