• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old apartment says I owe money after CH 7 Bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aojeda94

I'm currently in the process of attempting to rent an apartment a year after my Chapter 7 bankruptcy has been discharged. The apartment I'm currently trying to rent says that I still owe money to an apartment from two years ago. The money they are referring to was included in my bankruptcy. The old apartment doesn't know how to proceed and the new apartment doesn't want to fully approve me because it shows I still owe. I have even provided my discharge paperwork and bankruptcy packet to the new apartment. My question is whether or not they can deny me because of something that should have been taken off of my rental history. Thank you for any responses!

justalayman

The bankruptcy absolved you of having to pay the debt. They cannot collect on it. It didn't remove
anything from your credit history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">