• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasonable Attorney Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsetliff

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

I've contacted three attorneys and am wondering about the rates they charge. One only did a basic 7 - charges $350. The other two will do the taxes along with nothing much else for only $1,700 plus over $200 for court costs. What they are charging will bankrupt me. :D

Anyone know what reasonable rates are. The divorce took care of all assets. There are about 5 creditors plus the IRS, so there isn't much to deal with other than the friendly folks at the IRS. :eek:

inovermyhead

Hi,
I am in Florida also. I checked around and I ended up paying my lawyer 900.00 plus the 209.00 for court costs which is 1109.00 total. I found that this was about the going rate for a chapter 7 no asset case. I filed in Orlando..Hope this helps..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">