• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reopen a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

ygutierrez30

I filled a Chapter 13 in 1996. My case was dismissed on March 29, 2000. I submitted reconsideration to this decision and this reconsideration was unfavorable on June 2, 2000 because the amended plan that I submitted was short for $145.00. Before all this events I called, talked, wrote to the trustee office trying that my case not be dismissed. I want to know if I can reopen my case because I already paid more than a half of the plan. I have all the documents to evidence the multiple things I did to complete my responsibilities. My case is a long one and I can’t explain everything here, but I want to know if I can reopen the case or appeal the unfavorable reconsideration in order to complete the plan. I think that I have a year for the appeal but I’m not sure. Thanks a lot!!

HomeGuru

Sounds like you have been playing games with the BK system. You need to hire a BK attorney. My opinion is that you can't appeal but you may have a chance to file Chapter again. Consider a 7 this time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">