• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repossession and wage garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tatodamy333

My car was repossessed in February of 1998. This year I was served a summons in March to give a deposition. I went and was only asked how much I was willing to pay a month to begin paying back what I still owe on the car after they auctioned it. I told them $100/month till I started making more money. Their lawyer said they would get back to me. Two months later I look at my paycheck and see that Ford started garnishing each paycheck $231, I called my corporate office and they faxed me the judgement. My question is, is this fair? Shouldn't I have been notified? Is there a law in Florida against wage garnishments because of repossessions? I'm willing to pay them, but they are taking too much out of my checks for me to live on. Please Help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">