• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickelsva

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My husband filed Chapter 13, which only included his debts, credit cards, etc. The mortgage at that time was not included in the filing, and my name was not included in the filing. I have since refinanced the mortgage into my name only, but left his name on the title of the property. He has passed the require time frame to be able to payoff the case and was intending to do that with the proceeds of the sale of the property.

We are in the process of selling that property, but are being told we can not close until his Chapter 13 is discharged, which puts us past our already established closing date on the property.

I do not understand how they and delay closing when the property was not part of HIS bankrutpcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">