• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold item that was collateral for the item we purchased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coltvista

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
We bought a spa four years ago and in order to get financing on the spa we had to put our boat up as collateral. We have since sold the boat but do have the spa and we are filing Chapter 7. Our attorney tells us we have nothing to worry about because we have the spa and we are surrending it, but at our 341 creditors meeting the bank was there wanting to know where the boat was. Is my lawyer correct or do we have a problem?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

coltvista said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee
We bought a spa four years ago and in order to get financing on the spa we had to put our boat up as collateral. We have since sold the boat but do have the spa and we are filing Chapter 7. Our attorney tells us we have nothing to worry about because we have the spa and we are surrending it, but at our 341 creditors meeting the bank was there wanting to know where the boat was. Is my lawyer correct or do we have a problem?

My response:

"Houston, we have a problem."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">