• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Magusthe1

What is the name of your state? OH

I am allready aware of my states sol laws. My questions however are:
- does anyone know what the ramifactions ares for utilzing a states statute of limitation laws?
- Is it looked down upon and are you able to get credit again from those companies ever again
-or will they refuse until you pay them back?
-How do you go about having the itmes removed from CR after the sol?
-What about judgements filed against me unbeknownst to me... how do I dispute those and can the sol be used againt me for disputing them too late?

bigun

The SOL is a legimate defense. If it's available, use it. WHo cares how it looks. Of course, nobody will give you credit after you defaulted on them .
Chargeoffs will remain on your credit report 7 years from chargeoff. A chapter 7 bk will last 10 years. If they don't fall off, dispute with the CRA's as out of date.
In most states, you have certain amount of time to challenge a judgment. That's when the SOL can work agagist you. If you think you may have a judgment, contact the courthouse and see if they've a case file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">