• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stock Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WorryWort

What is the name of your state? TX

While I was preparing my chap 7 paperwork, I came across a stock certificate I had forgotten about. I listed it as an asset. It is worth about $250.

Should I take it with me to my 341 meeting to surrender it or "cash it in" and take the money to surrender??

Thanks.

Ladynred

If you listed it as an asset, did it fall within your exemptions ?

Don't take it with you to the 341. If the Trustee wants it, he/she will let you know. $250 isn't much, the Trustee may just abondon it. Considering its stock.. the value could plummet tomorrow !

W

WorryWort

DUH!

I didn't even think about the exemptions... yes, it probably does as I have $30,000 total in personal property. Hmmmm... I'll have to check my paperwork and see where I should have listed it to 'exempt' it.

Thanks for reminding me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">