• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons...how to respond?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

timnancyk

I received a Summons from a finacial company that provided a loan for a car I purchased back in 1993. It was repossessed a year later. I had volintarily gave up the car thinking it would release me from any debts. I haven't heard from them since a week ago with a summons to sue me. I have 20 days to respond with a letter. HOW DO I RESPOND? I really can't afford a lawyer and I am not sure how to handle this. I do realize that the Florida Statue of Limitations is 7 years and it seems the 7 years from the repossesion is almost near and thats the reason for the action. PLUS...i received the summons at my place of employement which I am not supposed to receive personal arrangements. HELP! WHAT DO I DO?

Thanks for any kind of assistance.

Despirate in Florida.

L

lawrat

Call a consumer credit counseling service near you. It is a free service and they would be the most likely candidate to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">