• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenancy by the Entireties questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

litlgi74

What is the name of your state? PA

Hello,

I have some Tenancy by the Entireties questions and I am hoping for some input.

My wife and I purchased our home 4 months prior to getting married. We never had the deed updated to reflect my wife's new married name. Also, we did not have the deed updated to tenancy by the entireties.

I am currently considering filing a Chapter 7 or 13 BK.

My attorney is 95% sure that the judge will consider our home as a tenancy by the entireties. But to be safe he is have me file chapter 13

In the meantime (asap), my attorney is having me update the deed to current names as well as converting it to a tenancy by the entireties. This seems a little fishy to me

My attorneys hope and goal is that the chapter 13 will be accepted... he will then ask the judge to consider our home as a prior tenancy bu the entireties.

I am ignorant to the entire process and was hoping for other opinions.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">