• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Codybgody

Could someone please tell me what the Statute of Limitations is for Texas?

It would be concerning a hospital bill that the insurance partially paid back in April of 1996, and a judgment placed on us in July of 2000. (Which by the way we received no notice of the court date)

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, before you even begin to discuss the statute of limitations, if I were you, I would check your insurance policy to see if they were supposed to pay for 100% of the whole thing or not. If they weren't, you had notice via your agreement with them, that you would have to be responsible for a part of the debt.

Then, look under the civil code and insurance code for statute of limitations at this site:
http://www.hyperindex.com/scripts/search.exe/_hits?GOTO=Go+to+the+Library&SUBMIT=DIRECTORY&host=1&dn=abccode#TXCODES

H

helpfromU

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, before you even begin to discuss the statute of limitations, if I were you, I would check your insurance policy to see if they were supposed to pay for 100% of the whole thing or not. If they weren't, you had notice via your agreement with them, that you would have to be responsible for a part of the debt.

Then, look under the civil code and insurance code for statute of limitations at this site:
http://www.hyperindex.com/scripts/search.exe/_hits?GOTO=Go +to+the+Library&SUBMIT=DIRECTORY&host=1&dn=abccode#TXCODES
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your reply. Looked under there, but could not find exact SOL. What do I Look under after civil code?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">