• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to decide my options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robert_Sweet86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Ok, here's the deal. I am on my ex wife's care note (which she's always late on and is tanking my credit) because I cant get off of it, even though it was rewarded to her in the divorce. I cosigned for another car for a friend that got repo'd. I am trying to get off these care notes so I can move on with life and my wife has lots of debt from medical bills and stuff. We considered filing bankruptcy so we can start fresh, and rebuild credit. I know it takes 7 years to fall off my credit but as of now we cant hardly get ahead. Does anyone have any advice? I want to explore all venues before taking a drastic step such as bankruptcy.

More on my ex-wifes car. She was rewarded it in our divorce but Ford Motor Credit sais that they cant do anything about it because its a lien and they have to refinance or, sell it or something or pay it off in order for me to come off the note.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Ok, here's the deal. I am on my ex wife's care note (which she's always late on and is tanking my credit) because I cant get off of it, even though it was rewarded to her in the divorce. I cosigned for another car for a friend that got repo'd. I am trying to get off these care notes so I can move on with life and my wife has lots of debt from medical bills and stuff. We considered filing bankruptcy so we can start fresh, and rebuild credit. I know it takes 7 years to fall off my credit but as of now we cant hardly get ahead. Does anyone have any advice? I want to explore all venues before taking a drastic step such as bankruptcy.

More on my ex-wifes car. She was rewarded it in our divorce but Ford Motor Credit sais that they cant do anything about it because its a lien and they have to refinance or, sell it or something or pay it off in order for me to come off the note.
Are you going to delete this thread as well?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">