• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Went to creditor meeting...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Broken

Illinois

Well, my wife and I went to our creditor meeting. No one else showed up. It was us, our lawyer, and the trustee. 5-minutes later, we were done. It was harder finding a place to park than the meeting was.

I want to thank all of you for the advice. You've helped turn a difficult situation into a much easier one.

nailtech

and from experience:

you will have your best sleep you have had in a couple of months now...

you will receive one paper between now and discharge date that you were given, hopefully it's the trustee abandoning property... then you will receive your discharge approx. 3 weeks after your noted discharge date.......

good luck you.... :)

Broken

We weren't given much information at the meeting. About how long does it usuallly take until discharge?

nailtech

they give the creditors 60 days to contest it, if no one does, then you will receive the final discharge papers when the 60 day period is up,. it took us 3 weeks to get the final paperwork in after that... didn't your creditors meeting papers give you an estimated discharge date..? (if your meeting was say.... june 5th, the discharge date will be aug.5th)... good luck...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">