• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When is BK reported?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gr8minds

What is the name of your state? FL

I was wondering how soon after you file for bankruptcy, does it appear on your credit report? The 341 meeting was yesterday so obviously it hasn't been discharged yet. Is this reported to the credit bureaus as soon as you file?

Thanks for your help!

Ladynred

The bankruptcy court doesn't report to the CRA's. The CRA's pay several different services, such as Dolan, to provide information on public records such as bankruptcies. As soon as the public record is picked up by one of these services, it will soon end up on your credit report. I would expect to see it crop up soon if you just had your 341 meeting.

B

Buck Barker

Actually, I believe they cannot report a BK until the plan is confirmed. Just filing or attending a 341 does not constitute BK, only an "application" for BK.

W

webmistress

Super Fast Reports

In California, services go to the BK court everyday and post the new BK cases into the credit report computers. Sometimes the credit report shows it in a week or two from FILING.

B

Buck Barker

I filed 7 months ago. It hasn't been confirmed yet. It is not on my tri-merge as of yet.

Ladynred

There is no 'confirmation' in a Ch 7. The fact that you FILED ANY bankruptcy is a matter of public record and THAT is what gets reported by the credit bureaus. My reference to the 341 meeting was only a measure of time as they usually happen about 30 days after you file. It would NOT be uncommon for the CRA's to already have the public record at 30-days out, most of them DO have it by 60 days post-filing.

Further, tri-merge reports are notoriously lacking in critical details. I would only trust the individual reports for ALL the details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">